Family dentistry is crucial because it manages oral health in all life stages. You can rely on us to help your child have strong and healthy teeth. Here is what you need to know about family dentistry in detail.
What is Kelowna Family Dentistry?
Kelowna family dentistry addresses oral health issues in children and teenagers. The expert takes care of your baby’s teeth until they become permanent dentition. He or she stipulates oral care and hygiene for your child.
What are the Types of Treatments?
Our clinic offers unique dental treatments that meet your kids’ or teenagers’ needs. You can expect cosmetic dentistry and oral surgery, such as dental implants. Additionally, we offer the following standard services.
- Teeth cleanings and exams
- Gum disease treatment
- Cavity identification and fillings
- Fluoride treatment
- Dental sealants
What are Different Types of Braces?
We use various braces to improve your child’s teeth alignment. Each dental brace comes with benefits and unique needs. Please have a look at them in detail.
- Traditional braces: They are made of stainless steel for durability purposes. The braces have wires and brackets to support your teeth.
- Lingual braces: They have a striking resemblance to traditional braces. The only difference is that we place them inside your teeth such that no one can notice you have braces.
- Ceramic braces: As the name implies, they contain ceramic materials that resemble natural teeth. We position the braces in front of your dentition, but they are less noticeable.
- Invisalign: The braces are unique since they come with plastic aligners. We custom make them to fit your kid’s dental needs and expectations.
- Self-ligating braces: They can be transparent or metal braces that align your teeth. We use specialized clips to hold the braces in place.
How Do I choose a Family Dental Clinic?
The right dental clinic should have experienced and skilled dentists. This way, your kid will get high-quality treatment. The clinic hours should be flexible to accommodate you in case of an emergency.
The location factors in, and the clinic needs to be close to your workplace or home. The clinic should accept insurance or have a versatile payment plan. Kid-friendly charts and playrooms are crucial when choosing the dental clinic.
How Do I Choose a professional?
You can ask family, friends, and co-workers to refer you to the right dentist. There are some essential qualities that you can look for in a family dentist. They should have the requisite experience and expertise to handle your kid.
A good dentist will respectful and make your child comfortable during any procedure. The professional can calm down your kid if they feel anxious about the treatment. Ensure that the dentist is board-certified to offer the services to your children.
How Often Should I book an appointment?
You should visit a dentist at least every 3 to 4 months. The expert will check your teeth for any cavities or gum disease. You will also get tips on how to care for your dentition.